Online discussions at the Ford C max Energi Forum

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:01 am 

Are there any C-Max Energi drivers here who could speak to negatives? I seem to read generally positive points here in this forum, but I'm wondering what I should watch out for or be aware of if I get into this car. I am thinking of buying a used C-Max Energi here in Arizona once my Leaf lease runs out. My main thinking is that it's an ok compromise for me.

One thing I do have to ask is if anyone has yet had to replace the main lithium ion battery and, if so, then what the cost was.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:22 pm 

Ford battery temperature management is much better than Nissan especially in hot climates. The only negative for us so far is the turning radius is not as good as I wish. We get 4.3 miles per kWhr very happy with that.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:18 pm 

jlsoaz wrote:
Are there any C-Max Energi drivers here who could speak to negatives? I seem to read generally positive points here in this forum, but I'm wondering what I should watch out for or be aware of if I get into this car. I am thinking of buying a used C-Max Energi here in Arizona once my Leaf lease runs out. My main thinking is that it's an ok compromise for me.

One thing I do have to ask is if anyone has yet had to replace the main lithium ion battery and, if so, then what the cost was.

The battery warranty is for 10 years. Since the Cmax energi hasn't been around that long, it's really not an issue.

The negatives is definitely the cargo space. A few others include the lower MPG than originally promised by Ford. I believe they had to lower it twice. Also it really hasn't sold that well for Ford. They were originally positioning to compete directly with the Prius and the Prius-plug in. But the numbers never materialized. But I have one and like it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:58 am 

x10guy wrote:
jlsoaz wrote:

The battery warranty is for 10 years. Since the Cmax energi hasn't been around that long, it's really not an issue.

The negatives is definitely the cargo space. A few others include the lower MPG than originally promised by Ford. I believe they had to lower it twice. Also it really hasn't sold that well for Ford. They were originally positioning to compete directly with the Prius and the Prius-plug in. But the numbers never materialized. But I have one and like it.

Ok, thanks, good things to know.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:27 am 

ebourlet wrote:
Ford battery temperature management is much better than Nissan especially in hot climates. The only negative for us so far is the turning radius is not as good as I wish. We get 4.3 miles per kWhr very happy with that.

Yep the turning radius is pretty bad.