Online discussions at the Ford C max Energi Forum

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:36 am 

Looking to see if others have noticed low hybrid output on their Energi's. I have a 2013 CMAX Energi with Approx 82k miles. There are no indications of any issues in full EV mode, but I have noticed something when the HVB is completely depleted and the car is running in Hybrid mode. When accelerating at full throttle (WOT) in Hybrid mode, the ICE meter raises all the way to the top, however the EV meter will only rise to the 2nd tick mark (I assume that indicates 2kw's). Obviously WOT is not a common occurrence for me, but I did notice this when overtaking someone on the interstate the other day.

The reason I bring this up is because I own a 2015 Fusion Hybrid, and when this car is put under the same situation, both meters peg to the top as expected.

I'm beginning to believe this may be an indication that the Hybrid section of my battery pack is not performing as well as it should. Has anyone else recognized this, and if so what is the age and mileage of your car? Just wondering if I should have it looked at by the dealership.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks