Lifetime summary:
16303 Miles
7431.6 EV Miles
624.2 Regen Miles
Energy Use: 46.3 MPG
Brake Score: 87%
336 kWh
351.58 gal

As you can imagine, this is VERY disappointing for me! If you subtract the EV miles, this means that, over the past 7 months, my C-Max Energi is getting an average of 25 MPG?!?!

On top of this, my SYNC system is completely unusable. The GPS says I'm almost 2 blocks to the right of where I'm at. It freezes and "performing system maintenance" at least 2 times per day. My phone won't pair with the system about 90% of the time.

The a/c vents spray some sort of liquid onto my face (hoping it's water) when I push the MAX A/C button.

My windshield has a 2' long crack across the bottom left, because of the heat in Los Angeles.

-AND-

The EV battery stopped charging. The blue ring lights up for 30 seconds, then... nothing. If I check on the iPhone app, it states that there's a "charge fault".

-Ryan
(a very upset C-Max Energi owner)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:29 am 

Ryan - that sucks! Have you talked to your dealership about the charge fault issue?

Maybe your C-max Energi needs a firmware upgrade or something?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:24 pm 

I think your kWh is the key to your unhappiness. You have a relatively low amount of pure electric use from your Energi battery, at only 336 kWh total in 7 months.

I have almost half that electricity usage in only 2 months and 900 total miles—but I make a lot of short trips of 22 miles or less, usually with a full charge between. By looking at days with purely EV driving, it appears I managed about 3 miles per kWh in August and September. (That's driving mostly on local roads at less than 50 mph. At $.10/kWh, that's 113.7 mpge.)

With your 336 kWh, you have probably only driven about 1,000 miles in pure EV mode (that is, from your Energi battery). The other EV miles that Ford shows apparently come from the normal hybrid operation of the Energi.

At say, 11 cents per kWh in your area, you have only expended about $37 on electricity in over 7 months. Or the equivalent of less than 10 gallons of gasoline. Doing some more math, your overall mileage:
16,303 mi/(351.58 gal + 10 gal) = 45.09 mpg.

Really not that bad because you are driving an average of 2,300 miles per month, which I would assume would involve a fair amount of higher speed freeway driving.

I agree the SYNC—by Microsoft—system is not good, but that is a discussion in itself, starting with the Microsoft engineers trying to force humans to use their obtuse list of commands.

Greg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:51 am 

Wow, that seems very strange. We drive our Energi about 35 mi/day, and are getting about 90 mpg (including the electricity costs at 8 cents/KWH here in MD--the 7 KWN battery costs 60 cents to charge overnight). It's always used in the EV mode and with soft driving habits we're getting about 26 miles out of the battery alone. The gas tank gets filled about every 3 months. I think you need to take it to your dealer, since something is not right. It's the most fuel efficient car out there for limited city driving. You should try the firmware upgrade for the MyFordTouch--the dealer can do that too. Good luck.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:15 pm 

Ryan, I'd get your car to the dealer for repair and a sync upgrade. Do the vents only spray liquid with the ac on? If so, then the drain on Your HVAC case sounds like it's clogged. I'd ask the dealer to check the drain to see if it's obstructed somehow.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:02 pm 

Just off the top of my head but about 45 mpg overall most of your ev miles were actually drived from charging the regular small hybrid portion of your battery and that was done using gasoline as the sole provider of kw, I am going by the super small number your showing for 336 kWh over 16303 Miles.
So cheer up and don't despair,
you cannot subtract the EV miles to get an accurate reading on mpg because so many of the Ev miles actually came from the regular hybrid operation of the vehicle using gasoline power to charge the hybrid portion of the battery for combined use as propulsive force.

- meaning that a large portion of normal Ev driving is coming solely from the gas engine charging the hybrid battery its just the way the computer reports on the energi its not able to separate the two.

Think about it like this if you went 16303 Miles on 351.58 gal of gas you had to get a lot better than 25 mpg? right?

Get that charging system fixed its under warranty then charge it as often as possible you will be up near 600 miles per tank in no time, unless you do a lot of long hi speed freeway driving and and very little daily charging :roll: . :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:26 pm 

My windshield has a 2' long crack across the bottom left, because of the heat in Los Angeles.
goldenslot ผ่านเว็บ

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:36 pm 

I have 2 of these. One went 100,000 miles without any repairs. The other is at 72,000 miles. I like mine because of how it drives around town, extremely low maintenance and fuel mileage. It only gets around 37 to 40 on the highway, but overall, even with a road trip thrown in, it averages 65 to 100 MPG.

The disappointing thing is myfraudmobile. Customer support has no idea how to help. It's stuck on "Authorization in progress" and there's no way to get out of it. And soon it will be completely dead including GPS features like traffic, because AT&T is shutting down their 2G networks by December.